Geek Pride Day is, as the name states, a celebration of all things Geek. No matter what kind of geek you are, 25 May is the day to to be proud and enjoy doing the things that define you as a geek. And as part of our Geek Pride celebration we would like you to share your pride with us!
How to enter:
Send us a photo of you displaying your Geek Pride. It can be absolutely anything:
* You and your friends enjoying a boardgames evening
* A selfie of you in your best geeky apparel
* That Yoda suit you made your dog wear to the last Con you attended
* You and your favourite geeky book at your favourite Exclusive Books store
Then tell us why you are proud to be a geek!
Send your entry to email@example.com before 28 May to enter. Winners will be announced on 29 May 2015. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
The first prize winner will win a gloriously geeky hamper that includes the following:
* Catan 5th Edition
* A Signed Copy of The Maleficent 7 by Derek Landy
* Pyramids by Terry Pratchett
* The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien
* Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J Maas
* Power of Five: Necropolis by Anthony Horowitz
* Power of Five: Nightrise by Anthony Horowitz
* Power of Five: Oblivion by Anthony Horowitz
The hamper for the second prize winner includes:
* Ontdekkers van Catan
* Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
* Mister Monday by Gareth Nix
* Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
The hamper for the third prize winner includes:
* Armageddon’s Children by Terry Brooks
* Sabriel by Gareth Nix
Make sure to head over to our website on 25 May to take advantage of some great specials on geeks only titles! The discounts are valid for online purchases and expire at midnight on 25 May, so make sure you don’t miss out!
Terms and Conditions apply to all Exclusive Books competitions.
There are two other celebrations that also take place on Geek Pride Day!
The Glorious 25th
The Glorious 25th May is a celebration of all things Discworld as well as a day to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s. As most fans will know by now Sir Terry Pratchett sadly lost his battle with Alzheimer’s earlier this year , so this year The Glorious 25th is the perfect time to not only celebrate the life and works of one of the best fantasy authors ever to have lived (honestly, the man was knighted for his books) but also to educate yourself about Alzheimer’s. Fans can be seen wearing lilac and toting hard boiled eggs in honour of Sir Terry, so they shouldn’t be too hard to spot.
Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and a Hard-Boiled Egg!
Towel day is a celebration of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. If you see anyone walking around with a towel over their shoulder today, you may want to offer him/her this salutation: “You my friend, are one Hoopy Frood!” If you have never read the Hitchhikers Guide (in which case, shame on you) then you may be wondering what a towel has to do with anything? Well if you’re going to survive out there, you’ve really got to know where your towel is! You also need to buy yourself a copy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. And whatever you do, Don’t Panic!
You just come along with me and have a good time. The Galaxy’s a fun place. You’ll need to have this fish in your ear.
All images used are sourced from Google images and belong to their respective owners.